Tweet this blog!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tama Lama Ding Dong ...











This is not about Tama's "Bell Brass" cast brass snares from the early 1990's, which command a HIGH price (out of my range at least). Tama also made a line of more affordable brass snares at the time. This, as far as I can determine from my research, is the PB-365 model from the early 1990's. I've seen them online occasionally with different lugs (that look like modified tube lugs, and also appear to have been on some of their Artstar snares) and different throwoffs. Unfortunately this one currently has one broken lug - the genius who shipped it to me packed it in too small a box, and when I unpacked it it looked like the lug had taken a direct hit in shipping that snapped off the posts going through the shell; I've had my eyes open for a similar lug but haven't found anything yet.

UPDATED - finally found some replacement lugs in mid 2012 (thanks to another member of DrumForum), and replaced the broken lug. These pictures have been updated too, post-replacement.

No comments: