Tweet this blog!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

"Slingerleedy" - 5.5 x 14 snare







Recently picked this up - my first Leedy, and probably not my last. The Leedy company was purchased by Slingerland in the 50's, and this drum (dates to the 60's) is essentially a Slingerland 3 ply shell with Leedy badge and lugs. I really like the lines on the Leedy lugs - Leedy had single ended snare and tom lugs with similar lines that are even nicer looking; I'm keeping an eye out for a set for a future build. This snare has the Rapid strainer Slingerland used on its own snares. This is a 5.5 x 14 "6 lugger" with a blue sparkle wrap still in very good to excellent condition. The hoops appear to be COB Sticksavers. The Rapid strainer on this snare was broken when I purchased it, so I replaced it with one I had on hand (and the one I had was missing the original neoprene/ rubber washer, and I have used washers from my local hardware store to replace them.

No comments: