Tweet this blog!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ayotte Professional Maple DS - Stainless Steel Snare

Acquired my first Ayotte snare (or drum, for that matter) a few weeks ago. This is a 5.5 x 14 stainless steel snare in the Professional Maple DS series. This snare is in excellent condition, and I've been quite happy with it. With the exception of some very minor pitting on some of the tension rod nuts, it's close to flawless. The lug/ tension rod/ nut (with integral nylon allen screw to hold the T-rods tight) is a key feature of Ayotte drums. It also has the simple and elegant (at least I think so) Ayotte or Taye type strainer. I've purchased a couple of this type of strainer recently for projects. From the research I've been able to do so far, I believe this snare was made in the early to mid-90's.










4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for this back then? I have the exact same drum and I'm thinking of selling it. It may be hard to part ways though as it's a beautiful stainless steel snare.

Tumbling Boulders Drums said...

I bought it used (but in perfect shape) for about $250 and sold it for that amount a few years later; I wish I'd held onto it.

Anonymous said...

hi, judging from the serial#, this snare was born in the early 2000s, after ray ayotte left.

Tumbling Boulders Drums said...

Thanks for the info. TB