Tweet this blog!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

5 x 13 Maple (10 ply Keller) Snare - Turquoise Satin Flame







I like this snare so much I'm likely to keep it for myself. I had purchased from Precision Drum, for a great price, enough turquoise satin flame wrap for a couple of snares, and decided to build a 5x13 and a 5x14 with 10 ply Keller shells. The lugs on this one are from Drum Factory Direct, and have solid brass inserts. Decided to use a Pearl S-017 strainer on this one, and its generic equivalent on the 5x14. I found the satin flame wrap really easy to work with, and it looks superb. This is another one I finished in late July but haven't gotten around to posting until now.

UPDATE: sold October 8, 2011, gone to a good home (and I got a followup e-mail from the new owner that he loves the snare, always happy to get feedback like that).

No comments: